Four years of college will pass quickly. Yet these four years will determine much of the future. Here are some tips for making the most of your college years from Morris Chang, the vice president of Texas Instruments, on behalf of Taiwan’s 天下 (Commonwealth Magazine):
- Develop healthy life habits.
- Find your own purpose in life.
- Work hard to learn.
- Don’t just memorize but attempt to understand.
- Learn to think independently.
- Learn to create something new.
- Learn Chinese.
- Learn English.
- Educate yourself about the world and its affairs.
- Develop public speaking skills; learn how to debate.
- Most importantly, be an honest and reliable person.
Discover who you are.